Video Switch & Video Splitter & Video Matrix
The video switches and splitters are very useful for many A/V applications in our daily life. Before buying the video switch or splitter, it is important to understand the essential features of the device you look for.
- ➤ Video switcher is a solution (a device) used to connect between multiple video sources and compatible displays for switching among the videos sources easily.
- ➤ Video splitter is a boosting device allowing users to duplicate and simultaneously broadcast the video signal from a single video source to multiple compatible displays.
- ➤ Video Matrix is a combined solution of video switch and splitter, it can be used to transport video from multiple video sources to multiple displays, allowing users freedom to assign one or multiple of the connected video sources to display on one or multiple of the connected displays.
- ➤ Video scaler is a solution (a device), it can be used to convert the video signals from one size or resolution to another, allowing users to increase or decrease the input source resolution for video output at the specified ratio.
How to Choose A Video Switch :
Video Switch may have following features that may be required in different applications :
- Resolution Supported by The Video Switch : The higher the resolution, the finer can the image be. In most cases, such as office / surveillance, 1080P will be sufficient for a video switch. However, in the cases of digital signage or those cases require large screen, video switch of 4K resolution should be applied for proper PPI ( pixel-per-inch ).
- Video Interface Supported by The Video Switch : Selection of video interface of the video switch is largely dependent on what the sources provided. For most video players, HDMI should be appropriate. However, for computers, user should consider DisplayPort or DVI in the cases HDMI outputs are used for control console purpose.
- Control Interfaces of The Video Switch : The native control interface of the video switch may be button control. If users want to control the switching remotely, IR control might be a required feature. If the video switch is to be incorporated into the environment control system, Serial RS232 control will be a must. For the playback of 4K content, HDCP control may play an important role.
- Video Scaling Function of The Video Switch : There are 2 kinds of video scaling topologies, one is to simply duplicate existing pixel, the other is to process the video with linear interpolation algorithm. If the video switch is expected to output higher quality up-scaled video, the linear interpolation method should be applied. The video scaling engine could be costly based on the complexity of interpolation algorithm.
- PIP/PBP Mixing of The Video Switch : Traditionally, PIP/PBP functions are only provided by the display itself. In nowadays, such function may be provided by video switch so that some displays without PIP/PBP can enjoy such functions.
Rextron’s professional video switches, splitters, video matrixes, and video scalers support a variety of interfaces like VGA, DVI, HDMI, and DisplayPort. Our products are reliable solutions, easy to use, most models feature Auto EDID or EDID learning and HDCP compliant, automatically manages EDID between video sources and displays. It is the best solution for a variety of AV integration.